- I am fortunate to live on the northwest side of the Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula and can see Isle Royale on a clear day from my home. That inspiration evolved into this design.
- This pendant features a hand-sawn and textured Isle Royale silhouette from U.P. mined and processed sheet copper that is soldered onto a sterling silver circular frame with a backdrop of hand-sawn trees and a night sky complete with five stars twinkling above the treeline. Siskiwit Lake is even sawn out!
- A gorgeous greenstone with two thompsonite inclusions sits above the forest outline.
- The sterling silver frame has random, rustic hammered marks and the back has a simple wire bail and the 925 mark for sterling silver and my initials as the artist.
- The sturdy, yet supple 20" sterling silver chain is included and has a sterling silver lobster clasp. The back of the pendant includes the 925 mark for sterling silver and my initials as the artist.
- I added patina to the pendant as well as the chain for a rustic, dark, nighttime feel to this piece.
- I added a hand-rubbed micro-crystalline wax to the pendant to slow the natural tarnishing of the silver but will also include a jewelry polishing cloth for touch-ups.
- Pendant measures: 1-1/4"
- All purchases come in a gift box with ribbon ready for gift-giving or as a gift for yourself!
Artisan crafted jewelry is created by hand, therefore no two items are identical. Each of The jewelry pieces that you see in my shop do not look machine made--they were crafted only by me with my hands and tools in my home studio. Questions? Please message me!
Thank you for looking!
If you like my work please follow me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/SynthiaMarshJewelry
and Instagram: Superior_Northwoods_Studio