- This is a "syenite rich in fluorescent sodalite" stone that I found on the shore of Lake Superior, cut and polished in my home studio. It is similar in composition to granite and originated on the north shores of Lake Superior, brought down with the glaciers. Under UV lights, it glows! In natural light, the stone is beautiful with shades of gray, black and peach.
- This pendant features a sterling setting with a fleur-de-lis bezel and a sawn Lake Superior “window” on the reverse. Beautiful fluorescence on the front and one spot of fluorescing sodalite on the reverse at the Superior, WI / Duluth, MN location!! I added a patina to the silver setting to accentuate the designs and the stone.
- I am including a small UV flashlight so that you can light up the pendant! This flashlight isn't large enough to comb the beach for your own, but you can certainly light up ones that you may find.
- This pendant comes with the 20" soft and supple sterling silver chain with a sterling silver lobster clasp that also has a patina to match the pendant.
- I hand-applied a micro-crystalline wax to both the pendant and chain to inhibit tarnishing.
- The pendant measures 1-5/8" x 1"
- All purchases come in a gift box with ribbon ready for gift-giving or as a gift for yourself!
Included is a Sunshine Jewelry Polishing Cloth.
Artisan crafted jewelry is created by hand, therefore no two items are identical. Each of the jewelry pieces that you see in my shop do not look machine made--they were crafted only by me with my hands and tools in my home studio located in the woods of the Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Questions? Please message me!
Thank you for looking!
If you like my work please follow me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/SynthiaMarshJewelry
and Instagram: Superior_Northwoods_Studio