- Kona Dolomite is another unique Michigan stone only found near Marquette. It is an ancient rock between 2.1 and 2.2 billion years old and is fossilized blue-green algae...some of the first life on earth. It comes in a variety of bandings of pinks, reds, grays and browns. The reds are from iron in the stone.
- This is from a larger rock that I found on a dig at the Lindberg & Sons Quarry in Marquette, cut and then polished in my home studio.
- This pendant features a sterling and fine silver setting with stamped adornments at the base as well as on the back hidden bail with seven sterling drops. It has a matte finish. I added a patina to the silver setting to accentuate the designs and the stone.
- This pendant comes with the 20" soft soft and supple sterling silver chain with a sterling silver lobster clasp that also has a patina to match the pendant.
- I hand-applied a micro-crystalline wax to both the pendant and chain to inhibit tarnishing.
- The pendant measures 1-1/2" x 1"
- All purchases come in a gift box with ribbon ready for gift-giving or as a gift for yourself!
Included is a Sunshine Jewelry Polishing Cloth.
Artisan crafted jewelry is created by hand, therefore no two items are identical. Each of the jewelry pieces that you see in my shop do not look machine made--they were crafted only by me with my hands and tools in my home studio located in the woods of the Keweenaw Peninsula in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Questions? Please message me!
Thank you for looking!
If you like my work please follow me on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/SynthiaMarshJewelry
and Instagram: Superior_Northwoods_Studio